Scotland, 27th May
Scotland | Retreat | 7 nights | 27th May - 3rd June
Lodge (deluxe): £1,883 sharing / £2,354 single
Lodge (superior): £2,059 sharing / £2,574 single
Eagle's Crag (standard): £1,584 sharing / £1,980 single
Eagle's Crag (shared, sleeps 4): £968 sharing
This is true wilderness territory. During this 1 week course we will make full use Alladale's natural playground - from the rivers to the hills, leaving no stone un-thrown and ensuring that we explore the spectacular conservation area. We will be based in the main lodge but have also taken over Eagle's Crag, a beautiful cottage nearby.
This course will cover all elements of the Wildfitness philosophy but will also be a rollercoaster of outdoor experience that will leave you feeling energised, inspired and with a new confidence in your body's ability. The schedule is packed with workshops, movement classes and adventurous training. You will feel your body changing and will learn the basic tools to transform your training, eating and attitude when you return home.
- Three meals a day specially created by our chef to fit the Wild Eating guidelines
- All local transport during the course
- Two to three group training or skills sessions per day based on natural movement. These might include running, boxing, swimming, circuits, climbing
- Group sessions to enhance joint mobility and flexibility
- Workshops covering wild movement, mindset and nutrition & how to continue what you learn at home
- Initial video movement assessment and one-on-one follow up discussion
- One-on-one reassessment at the end of the course
- One deep tissue massage
- Personalised documentation of what you have learned on the course
- Prices exclude any flights, transfers and personal insurance.
- 4x4 pick up from Inverness airport and a scenic drive to Alladale Wilderness Lodge, look out for red squirrels and roe deer as you enter the 23,000 acres of reserve.
- Energising and cleansing juice on arrival.
- Flow and mobility movement next to the Alladale river followed by an exploratory hike to give you a feel for the surrounding hills.
- Locally sourced meal of seasonal delights such as hand dived scallops, roasted venison and salads prepared using organic produce.
- The Alladale project explained - rewilding and restoring the native flora and fauna and providing environmental education, rather than focusing on the activities of a traditional sporting estate are the fundamentals of the reserve's ethos.
- Start the day with perception exercises for the mind and body which will connect you to the environment through awakening your senses to nature, listen out for the birds of prey including the beautiful golden eagle.
- Now that you have connected to nature it's time to unleash your inner animal with the infamous animal circuit. As well as being great fun this is amazing for whole body mobility, strength and body awareness.
- Breakfast - perhaps some local lightly smoked kippers with some of the freshest organic eggs from the local farm
- Fundamentals of movement efficiency - learn and practice ways of tapping into the natural forces of our bodies elasticity, gravity and ground reaction force to become an efficient graceful mover.
- Workshop on mastery of Wild living - learn the three pillars of Wildfitness and how this sustainable, rounded and enjoyable approach to health and fitness can be a hugely transformative process.
- A wild fighting session, learn the fundamentals of combat with some interactive playful roughhousing followed by grappling and striking techniques, then unleash on the pads with our coaches in an intense but skill focused afternoon
- Dinner - A chance to share good food and the experiences of the day with the tribe
- Take a moment of biophilic relaxation and explore our connection to the natural world. The day light hours are long here so enjoy a stroll in the evening sun!
- After structural hygiene and some morning wake up movements it's time to hit the west coast for some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Arriving at Achmelvich beach you are greeted with the sight of white sand, turquoise sea and a 360 degree backdrop out to the North Atlantic in one direction and the highlands in the other.
- Picnic beach feast followed by some coasteering and dunes combo action incorporating lots of natural movement using the varied terrain of this environment.
- Fresh seafood lunch on the coast
- Lifting, carrying and throwing Highland games style. Incorporating natural movement and the Highland games traditions we will take you through techniques that allow you to develop explosive strength and power which always brings out the primal side within us all!
- BBQ dinner whilst enjoying the almost ever present light in this magical northern wilderness.