Zanzibar, 11th March
Zanzibar | Retreat | 7 nights | 11th - 18th March
WAS £2,840 sharing / £3,550 single
NOW £2130 Sharing / £2663 Single - To make your booking emaill email@example.com.
The boutique Zanzibar White Sands is a peaceful sanctuary situated on Paje Beach. Considered one of the best beaches on the island with its fine white sand and turquoise waters, it's also known for being one of the best kite surfing spots in the world. You will be staying in their award-winning villas which are very private, stylish and hugely spacious.
This course will cover all aspects of the Wildfitness philosophy but will also be a rollercoaster of outdoor experience that will leave you feeling energised, inspired and with a new confidence in your body's ability. The schedule is packed with workshops, movement classes and adventurous training.
You will feel your body changing and will learn the basic tools to transform your training, eating and attitude when you return home.
- Full board
- An initial assessment with our coaches that records performance parameters including specific movement patterns and running.
- A follow up explanation and guidance through the individualised exercises prescribed as a result of this assessment.
- A reassessment at the end of the course
- Two to three training sessions per day
- workshops covering movement, metabolism & nutrition
- One deep tissue massage
- Group sessions of stretching/flexibility
- Arrive in Zanzibar the infamous spice island and swim in the crystal waters to ease your muscles after the journey.
- Lunch of fresh catch of the day served with a delicious array of salads.
- Afternoon personal assessment with a Wildfitness coach to look at your movement patterns and posture and talk through your goals for the course.
- Sunset mobilisation on the beach to loosen joints and discover lost body movement.
- Supper under the stars: oysters, ginger chicken, lime patties and crunchy salads after a introduction talk about the basic principles behind Wildfitness.
- Wake up with the sun, a warm breeze and cup of cinnamon tea.
- ‘Awaken your faculties’ in our open air dojo with sea views. This session works on enlivening your perception of balance, responsiveness and co-ordination.
- Swim along a reef channel and relax watching the ocean, listening to the waves hit the shore line as you sip your fresh coconut juice.
- Workshop on Wild Eating that covers the biological and evolutionary logic behind the food that we serve you and the behavioural aspects of eating.
- Lunch of orange glazed calamari, served with butter beans, cherry tomato and mint salad.
- Combo through beautiful palm clearings and single tracks. Combos are key sessions that include many natural movements like climbing, jumping, balancing, swimming and throwing… and they get your blood pumping.
- Beach supper under the stars of grilled fish, tomato and lentil dhal salad, and wild greens with local acrobats for entertainment.
- Sunrise barefoot running skills. Re-learn the basics of our most fundamental human movement pattern.
- Breakfast of spinach frittata and seasonal fruits.
- Relaxing massage in the privacy of your room or veranda using organic essential oils.
- Workshop on Wild Living. Here we explore why both rest and intense activity are so important for your body, your phisiology, biomechanics and your mental state.
- Lunch of grilled snapper fillets with fennel & onion salad, nut koftas and delicious fresh salads.
- Warm up games on the beach. We choose games that are immediately engaging and get you moving with agility and purpose like no other workout can. They are not competitive and they are not contrived.
- A wild fighting session using boxing and kicking techniques. We focus on elasticity, rhythm and efficient transfer of body weight. The session is challenging but skilful.
- Supper of seared beef with bean mash, sautéed mushrooms and toasted sesame carrot salad.