• 2 oranges
• 200 g dates
• 6 eggs
• 250 g almond meal (or grind whole almonds yourself)
• 1 tsp baking powder
• drizzle of honey
• sliced almonds
1. Cover the dates in water and leave aside for 2 hours.
2. Wash the oranges and place them in a saucepan, covered in boiling water. Simmer for 2 hours. Allow them to cool, then roughly cut them in quarters (removing any pips) and puree in a blender.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
4. Blend the dates in a food processor, discarding the water (or add it to a smoothie later - delicious!).
5. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the date and orange puree and mix thoroughly before adding the almond meal and baking powder.
6. Pour into a greased and lined cake tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. It might need a little longer if the oranges are extra juicy.
7. Allow to cool in the tin before turning out.
8. Once cool, drizzle a little honey over the top and scatter with sliced almonds.
About our Blog
We write occasional pieces about our adventures, about our findings related to the Wildfitness approach, about food and we also invite others to contribute.